Scholarships & Financial Aid
Current Health Workers
If you’re already working in a health job, there are financial aid options especially for health workers for you to consider. They may require you to work for a certain employer or in a certain area, so be sure to look at all of the requirements to see if it is the right option for you.
Loan forgiveness programs are available to encourage students to pursue specific jobs or work in certain areas. Some employers or government programs will pay for some or all of your loans as long as you fulfill certain work-related requirements.
- California Health Professions Loan Repayment Program
- California Bachelor of Science Nursing Loan Repayment Program
- California Licensed Vocational Nurse Loan Repayment Program
- California Licensed Mental Health Services Provider Education Program
- Steven M. Thompson Physician Corps Loan Repayment Program
- National Health Service Corps
- Loan Forgiveness for California Nursing Faculty
Some employers — especially large employers like hospitals, medical centers and universities — will pay some or all of the costs of job-related education and training. Tuition reimbursement is available for employees who enroll in training programs or higher-education courses that will enhance their skills and knowledge related to the job. Tuition reimbursement programs differ by employer, so ask about eligibility before you are hired or once you have the job.